Thursday, April 17, 2014

Wicked Wednesday's

Wicked Wednesday’s is what I shall call them now.

For some reason the past two weeks, Wednesday’s just seem to be the worst day of the week. I’m extremely tired and manage to get the worst headache ever and I can only take Tylenol. By now the amount I’ve taken when it comes to the time I actually get to drink alcohol again, my liver will be shot from the Tylenol and I will OD…(I’ll keep you posted on that one later). So yea I was super tired yesterday and my head felt like it was in vise all day. My morning started off with an 8am conference call gone to complete shit. Yea try holding a meeting with an excess of 30 people on a call and the Verizon conference call number provided only allotted 20 people on the call. Oh and the client wasn’t on the line yet!!! WAY TO LOOK LIKE A COMPLETE FUCK UP! Getting worked up by the difficult to understand Indian man at Verizon at 8am who can’t seem to get me more lines like RIGHT NOW was more than I had anticipated for. Finally get into my office after 10am and already need to rest my eyes and want a nap. That definitely was not going to happen! Around 3pm I went into our break room sat at the booth that backs up to a wall and hid there for a nap. I kicked my feet up and chilled there probably catching a fly or two in my mouth from time to time and slept a little. That didn’t seem to help much. I had to coach at 7pm so I took my ass to the gym and upon arrival I was feeling tired, grumpy and somewhat overwhelmed. I decided I would start my warm up Part A. of my A-D workout planned and see how I feel. I did that felt ok so I went on to Part B. After, I felt better so then finished the WOD completely. This honestly helped take away my headache, wake me up and put me in a good mood to coach. It’s funny I can have the crappiest day and maybe start to coach a little moody but in the midst of it and by the end, I’m in a good mood and recharged. I love my 7pmers. They make me laugh and put up with my bantering sarcasm.

Finally feeling better and had some more energy – I made dinner. I decided I would try to re-enter chicken in my life so I made some fajitas. I haven’t been able to stomach chicken since I found out I was pregnant for some reason. They came out delicious and super easy to make.

Recipe:
3lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts,
1 red, yellow, orange bell pepper,
1 medium onion
2 minced garlic cloves
½ Lime Squeezed
Fajita Seasoning: Chili powder, Salt, Lemon pepper, dash of Cayenne, and Black Truffle Salt

Directions:
Cube up the chicken and cook over medium heat. (Pan I coated with 2 tbsp of bacon fat), cook thoroughly then add in minced garlic and onions. Sauté for about 5 minutes, then add peppers and season. I don’t measure my seasonings. Chili powder is the primary seasoning so you want to coat it with enough to turn the white chicken reddish. Two pinches of Black Truffle, generous amount of salt to taste and just a dash of cayenne for a kick. Squeeze the lime over and then lower to a Low; simmer and cover pan for approximately 10-15 min.

I toped the chicken with some homemade Sour Cream Avocado sauce. 

Sauce:
1/3 cup Whole Fat no preservatives/organic etc.. Sour Cream
1 small avocado smashed and mixed with the sour cream.
Dice up some onion like 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Pico Pica hot sauce (you can use your favorite hot sauce I don’t recommend Siraccha though)
Mix it all up and add to the fajitas.

Here’s the finished product:


As I’ve said before I hate to do a bunch of research and I don’t need to know EVERYTHING about everything to feel prepared. I’m sure you can guess that reading every book under the sun about pregnancy and the first years for the baby are pretty much out of the question. You’re correct! I checked out “What to Expect when you’re Expecting” That fucken book was about 400 pages long! Who in their right mind has time to read that shit??? Does it have a cliff notes version? If they do – Target doesn’t carry it and I never see a Barnes and Noble around these days. I’ll make it a point to check Amazon some time for that! Until then Google never seems to let me down when I'm in need of a question answered. The book I did buy is called “The Pregnancy Journal”. It’s an easy read. Breaks down each day with a paragraph or two. It discusses what’s going on with your body, the baby, nutrition stuff, some historical old beliefs and practices in other countries/religions. It’s simple, to the point, informative and if I miss a day or three I can catch up in one sitting any night. There are places to write little notes or keep track of how your mood is, your weight, etc., It’s enough for me. I do highly recommend it for any busy woman. The thing I love the most is that each day are ended with a quote.

“The most sensitive, most delicate of instruments: the mind of a little child.” – Henry Handel Richardson 


No comments:

Post a Comment